MP-10 and cyano.....

mbdave

Hey kids,
I have a outbreak of Cyano in the corner my MP is on, "not as much flow on that side" was wondering if any of you has noticed the same thing? I plan on putting a koralia nano or some other small PH down there to get a little flow and kill it back.

Anyone??

Nowellsy SNR

Yep i've noticed a little under where my 40 is, not enough for me to put a extra powerhead in there i just siphon of while doing my water changes

redsea reefer

I have also noticed a bit of it under mine too but I will not be adding any more PH. I'll just siphon it out like Anthony...

mbdave I had same problem in front side under mp10. Ive read on other boards it has something to do with uptake of nutrieants into sand from the vacuum it produces, through the sand. So basicly it is pulling up crap from under the sand to the top of the sand for the cyno to feed on. I started vodka dosing after the cyno showed up about 5 weeks ago and it is gone now.

I would say the opposite, that shows how under powered all others are. Except for tunze, my friend had same problem when he first got his tunzes on a wave controler. I think it is from random wave patterns mixin everything up and the strength of the powerhead, would be my guess. My stock powerheads in my 130d couldnt blow a guppy out of the way.....LOL

mbdave

Could be reefmaster I think its just not much flow in that corner, could be either I just wanted to make sure it wasnt just me:)

Thanks,