Moving water

Shawntay

Hello, I am working on my first tank and made the mistake (well it feels like one to me) of making my first 32gallon batch of RO/DI water in my basement. I figured the 50ft siphon would be fine to get the water up to my living room where my tank is located. well....nope. i have to siphon some then run up the steps to get the water higher than the tube to get it to flow to the tank. well i can't do that for all 32 gallons. I'll die. well not literally, hopefully. I tried to attach my return pump to the siphon and that only works when the water is on the same level. anyone have any, not to expensive, idea how to move the water. i really only need to move it this time until i can empty the bin and then i'm moving the bin.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
brainstorm-300x185.jpg

Shawntay

Thank you for the advice. I had to get a different pump and right now there is water in the tank. There will be new pics to my build thread coming later b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul B

Go to a gym, workout for 6 months, then throw that 32 gallon water tank on your shoulder and carry it up the stairs. Or do what I do and carry it in 5 gallon buckets. :rolleyes: