mouth fungus?

etpelle72

I have a yellow eye kole tang (about 1 year now) and i think it has mouth fungus, but the area around his mouth doesn't seem stringy or cotton like. it seems more crusty. It also is eating fine and has no odd behavioral patterns other than he chases my sailfin blenny all the time. The fungus? appears on the bottom and one side of his mouth. It also doesn't seem to be getting larger. It looks more like his flesh was scrapped on rock, but i wanted to get any ones thoughts. I attached a photo.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 23

leebca

WELCOME TO REEF SANCTUARY

Thanks for the photo and your description. I would agree it falls more into the category of being an injury, however it should heal fairly quickly if conditions are right.

I suggest one ore more of the following are not quite right for this fish:
Substrate isn't of optimal size or mix; landscaping unsuitable; tank size too small; tank mate problems (environmental issues)
Food/nutrition isn't good enough
Water quality is less than perfect

If all three were top notch, the injury would heal in a couple of days and you wouldn't normally take much notice of it. You don't mention how long the fish has looked like this, but if it's been more than a few days, you should review the three things above, or post them all here and we can help you with them.

:eek:lsmile: