More Live Rock Needed?

psycho1545

Is this enough live rock or should i have more rock that fills out the tank close to the top...29 G...i am not entirely sure how much LR i have now but i figure i need more...thoughts?

reefer4200

show us a picture atleast. Any idea on how many lbs you have? no1 can help you with out 'some" info and better yet a pic.

psycho1545

i did post a picture it is just not showing up...i think its says in progress...don't know what that means...need to read "how to post a picture"...i guess i need to read more...its blurry but i think you get the main idea

CIMG0544.JPG

Last edited:

reefer4200

You would want about 30lbs....what all are you looking to do with? Fish, coral? looks like you have like half...maybe?

psycho1545

i have two sebae clowns and CUC however i am having a cyano breakout can't fix it...i want to keep lps/mush/zoa corals but don't want to introduce anything more until i fix this cyano outbreak...guess i need to add more...the LR i have is all from a previous neglected tank so that might be the reason for the cyano

metweezer

I would say you need 1 1/2 lbs per gal. So 45 lbs of LR in your tank would do nicely. I have 55 lbs (45 live) in my 29 gal. My 2 cents.
Steve

framerguy

Yes to more rock! That looks like about 10lbs. You need 1 to 1 1/2 lbs per pound for a proper biological filtration system. It doesn't have to all be in the DT if you want the minimalist look though. It can be in an attached sump, refugium or other holding tank.