Morbius18's New 90 Reef

morbius18

Yeah, I fly fish, so I have really tiny flies, I just fish them out if there are rocks in the tank. I use barbless hooks to it doesn't hurt them too much.

Mya

Oh you should have just waited a month or so. He would have jumped out himself in an attempt to go carpet surfing. They all try it atleast once.

Mya

I need to make a vid of my clowns. Then you can complain about sand. You ever see a clown pick up mouth fulls of sand and spit it out? Or fan it like crazy with its tail? Well... thats my pain...

Mya

No. And I think they are wanting to breed. But just cant in a community tank.
I was hoping they would take to something other then an anemone. But the outlook is not looking to good on that.
I plan on trying some more softies down the road. So far tho, nothing. GRR!

morbius18

I know that they will clear off an area to breed at the base of an anemone, They are probably trying the same thing in you tank.

Mya

They enjoy making bare naked spots in my tank. They like moving ALL the sand to one end. They moved all the sand in the 55 to the left side and have started doing it again in the 90. If you look at the pics. The left side the sand is very deep and then if you look up close to the rocks on the right... bare bottom. They are constantly moving sand like that.

Mya

Why are you guys alway trying to get me to set up more tanks? What the crap?!?! Also, I know nothing about clowns breeding.

yungreefer2410

my single gold striped maroon clown would do this to a shroom he was hosting. he would fan his tail "mess" up the sand leave then the goby would come "clean" it up