Morbius18's New 90 Reef

BarbMazz

I was thinking about scraping the coraline off theback wall and overflow.

I did this a few weeks ago and it was hard but I really like it! I have a black background on it and the colors in the tank really pop now. With the pink/purple coralline everything in the tanks just kinda blends into that. I say go for it, but be prepared for some hard work.

Jeremy0322

It took me about an hour to get all of mine off the back wall, but if you let it get out of control thats what happens. Once you have it all off if you scrape about once a week it is really easy to keep it clean.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I did this a few weeks ago and it was hard but I really like it! I have a black background on it and the colors in the tank really pop now. With the pink/purple coralline everything in the tanks just kinda blends into that. I say go for it, but be prepared for some hard work.

Any pictures of this hard work? :D

morbius18

I gotta wait to get home from work. The daylights went off before I could snap a pic. I used a credid card on the back and it took like 10 minutes of scraping.

morbius18

Pics of tank with back acrylic scraped:
FTS21.jpg

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
That looks great! You should post them side by side in the same thread. Everyone likes before and after images!

morbius18

I just tested my calcium and it was between 450 and 500. Magnesium was in the 1450 range. Will slightly elevated levels hurt anything? I'm going to stop using the calcium part of the 2 part solution that I am trying.

Man that brightwell aquatics 2 part solution has some strong calcium part!