Montipora question

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
So I have a few semi large pieces of different colors Montipora. One larger piece has a dead area in the center.
So question is. Any harm in glueing the smaller piece to the larger piece in the dead area? Good idea? Bad?

Sent from Matts DROID x using Tapatalk

bshady

i wouldnt do it. putting a new coral on top of the other one will end up shading out the bottom coral and killing it

dmatt88

What if the portion im attaching the frag to is dead.

dmatt88

Actinics on pics suck. First pic is the monti that was covered by a large Frogspawn killed the center. Im thinkin I need yo cut off the dead or paste the second pic monti to it. Bigger ones brown second is tan n green.
2011-08-24_21-42-19_307.jpg

2011-08-24_21-42-12_30.jpg

Robzilla

With it away from the frogspawn, it will probably grow back. Corals have an amazing ability to bounce back from death or near death. Do not glue anything over it....just give it time :)

DesertOrchid

I have a huge montipora and one of the inner leafs broke off.... the area looked dead but after just a couple weeks the coloration in the 'dead' area is returning. I'd give it some time and see what is does. IMO anyways. Best of luck what ever you decide to do!

chelseagrin

it doesnt matter, montipora is some of the hardiest sps coral and can handle practically anything. i think it would look cool and trigger some plating. do what you want.