Missing Picasso clown

capital1983

Hey all,

So I just gave my clarkii clowns away for adoption and I purchased 2 Picasso clowns so I would not have to worry about aggression towards my other tank mates. Only to find out when I introduced them, my leopard wrasse has been bullying them.. I just want by the tank to see how everyone was doing and I only found one clown swimming about.. I checked the overflow, the sump, behind the tank and on the sides and there is no sign of him.. Do they hide a lot? They were both swimming together for the first hour when I introduced them. Should I be worried? I looked around the rock work and I can't see anything either.. It's like one of them totally just disappeared...I tried feeding too to see if that would help and nothing worked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I don't think I'd consider clowns to be hiders. How about the sump? Do you have any cats or dogs that might have wanted a snack?

capital1983

I have a cat but he hasn't been near the tank since it has been missing.. Checked the sump and found nothing. Checked the overflow and nothing and nothing outside of the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capital1983

Also I had a bartletts anthias and a Randall's goby that jumped out and my cat never touched them.. He is very particular and only eats dry food

capital1983

Haven't updated my livestock list yet.. The eel was donated to the local aquarium about a month ago

reefer gladness

Haven't updated my livestock list yet.. The eel was donated to the local aquarium about a month ago

Ahh, guilty of that myself. Haven't updated sig info in awhile.

Have to agree that clowns usually aren't hiders but hopefully yours is and will come out soon. If it didn't make it you will probably see an ammonia spike unless you're CUC can make extremely quick work of the corpse.

capital1983

Yea, it's just irking me.. I also have a flasher wrasse that hasn't come out since I broke down the tank this morning to get rid of my clarkii clowns.. Hoping he will come out tomorrow as well

capital1983

I'll wait until Monday and if it doesn't show I will go pick up a new larger Picasso

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Being new in the tank, I'd say about anything is possible. Might not have acclimated well, doesn't feel good and is indeed hiding in a rock. I hope you'll have a good update that the clown has re-joined it's mate soon. :fingerx: