Missing Jawfish case solved

lbiminiblue

Some of you might know that I had a pearly jawfish in my tank about a year ago. Unfortunately, he disappeared, out of nowhere, around a month after being introduced to the tank. He had been eating fine and was not being bothered, or so I think. Anyhow, one day he went poof and I couldn't find him in the tank, floor, or anywhere else, so I figured a crab, or my (possible) hitchhiker pistol shrimp had killed him. I never really knew.

Then, yesterday, I was moving my tank to a new room. I finally determined the fate of my pearly jawfish. While we were pushing the tank, I noticed on the back wood panel something white attached to it. I got closer and, sure enough, it was a jawfish skeleton. Pretty morbid way to find out how my jawfish went, but now I realize why I couldn't see him- I was looking at the floor, not the back of the tank. I really have no ideas as to why he jumped out, but in his two last nights in the tank, he didn't cover his burrow with a rock. RIP twitchy.

reefle

sorry to hear that :( I'm surprised it didnt smell!

Same thing happened to my hamster. Couldnt find the bugger in his cage or around the house for 4 days. Finally looked between my wall and table and he had fallen between the cracks. flattened to death :/

lbiminiblue

Same. I guess I got over it shortly after he disappeared. I can't believe he didn't smell up the room either.