Missing Blue spot

smitty18

Hello everyone new to the forum. I got 2 blue spots for my 150 on thursday. Both dissappeared and then the next morning both had a nice burrow. Both of them ate some mysis last night. I had to leave this morning before my lights came on and both burrows were covered like I know they do. When I got home this afternoon one was out and the other ones burrow was uncovered but never popped out. Should I be worried or do they normally kinda go missing and come back out? I have 200 pounds of rock and 4 to 5 inch sand/puka shell any help yall could give would be appreciated

bluespotjawfish

Sometimes when they are new you won't see them much. If they are eating you may see a head pop out quickly to eat. He may have a new place already and abandoned this one. Check the overflow...?

lcstorc

First guess would be hiding and second guess would be jumping.
How well is your tank covered? These fish can get through incredibly small spaces such as the squares on egg-crate.

smitty18

Was just hiding in its burrow. It now has an awsome burrow right in the front of the tank. Was rearranging everything yesterday. My other one that had its nice burrow before I found hanging out infront of the tank by the others burrow. It got scared by the other one I guess and started jumping and ended up behind some rock in the corner. I was kinda scared there for a couple minutes cause it was breathing real hard but then it calmed down so I got some mysis and fed it with a turkey baster. Guessing it is going to make another burrow somewhere. Hope it does at least. I learned my lesson with covering the tank. First blue spot I had I didn't have anything and it jumped out, so then I got egg crate. That didn't work either found the smallest space and jumped out. Now I cut egg crate to fit the overflows, put clear plexi on top. Perfect set up cause there is hardly any room between overflow and plexi. Any other suggestions if one is still in that corner or just let it be? It seemed to be fine after it calmed down and eve ate some