Mini reactor questions

I have a Mini Max Reactor that came with my C130 tank. I have some questions about it.

-The original owner of the tank had this in place of the built in media rack. I can only assume that this is just a different type of replacement for the media rack?

-Being that it is a couple of tubes with a small pump, the majority of the water flows around the reactor on the way to the return pump. Is this being used the correct way?

-The original owner included a partial container of carbon that looks like its mixed with GFO. I have enough media left for one more change. How often should the media be changed? Also what is recommended for media or is what I have good?

Thanks everyone

mr_tap_water

Hi there yes you're right in saying how it works you can add Active carbon, A Phos remover or even bio pellets, most reactors usually have a tap in between the pump and the intake to help control the flow that is needed for certain medias, with active carbon I would say you need to change every four weeks, with the Phos remover you will need to test regular and change when it starts showing a reading above your required levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk