Mightyreefer's 30 Gallon Reef

Uslanja

Canada, Eh!! Nice trip!! Good looking tank shots, we're thinking that maybe your mystery shrimp is actually a hermit crab? You've changed your avatar and we like it, but we're also thinking that the fish would make a cool one as well!

thanks Uslanja! You could of warned me thats theres no fresh brewed ice tea, and no free refills! Im kidding, the trip went really well except New Years eve in Seattle o_O

Well the ordering is all done so I got the mini carpet anemone, a fire and ice and a miami Hurricane piece. there coming on Tuesday!

Every thing looks good! The corals are doing ok, the mini isnt showing to impressing colors but I am very sure they will get better! The mini is very sticky though...

thanks you SNR, here are some more for you!
minicarpetanemone004.jpg

minicarpetanemone003.jpg

minicarpetanemone002.jpg

minicarpetanemone001.jpg

Im thinking about setting up a freshwater tank in the future. I want a 5/10 gallon planted with 1 or 2 dwarf puffers. I've done research on dwarfs but got a mixed bag. anyone have any?

Uslanja

Hi mightyreefer 0! Your photos are great! We are enjoying the look of your tank! How is the carpet doing? We have seen a few carpet anemones and have been tempted to try one, but we're just not sure what to expect from them. We try to have a very peaceful tank because we have some very small animals that we enjoy watching and hate to think that they might end up as a dinner. But then it seems that no sooner do we find something new and then we can't find it any more......... did someone else eat it? Your plate is looking very nice, love the colour! You have Yellow Polyps on the substrate; are they on small rubble pieces or will they grow right in the sand?

my carpet is doing very well. I guess it could eat small think because i fed the carpet a hermit crab that was eating some polyps. On the other hand he is really close to a mysis colony and watch them run up and down the carpet and so far no mysis shrimp have been caught. I orded mine off of live aquaria btw.

The yellow polyps do prefer to grow on rocks but a few heads grow in the sand. I keep my yellow polyps on the sand because i fear there take over wanted space that other coral i prefer would grow.

Uslanja

The Yellow Polyps clearly do not mind being in the substrate, that should keep them under control. I'm really starting to want a carpet anemone but Tracy isn't so sure. Has your carpet moved from where you originally placed it or are they somewhat more sedentary than a bubble tip?

wow sorry i was gone ALONG time. my carpet moved alittle bit but like a inch.

sorry i was gone. took abit of a break and i just came back to update. First thing to say is my cyano is GONE!!!! :goofy::goofy:
the zoanthid corner
coralthatarecool004.jpg

RPE
coralthatarecool003.jpg

mini carpet
coralthatarecool002.jpg

coralthatarecool001.jpg