MH light question

angnak

This is the first time I have used MH. Does a MH have to be cool before it comes on? The reason I am asking is because I turned them on the make sure they are wired right and then turned them off. Then i wanted to show my wife and they would not turn on> all the filaments in the bulb are still in tact so i do not think they blew out>

Playa

Your bulb is more than likely ok, it just takes a little bit to fire up again once is turned off. What kind of ballast are you running the bulb with?:)

addict

You should be fine... halides have a cool-down period of about 15 minutes after they've been shut off before they can be re-fired.
This is normal... don't panic. :D

HTH

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
Yup agree with what as been said so far! I went into a panic as well the first time I tried to fire my MH bulbs after just turning them off. You will get use to them doing that!:)

Xanareef

I had a freak out when our MH wouldn't turn on either. There's about a 5-8 minute warming up period for mine to turn on no matter when.

Alexis

JB NY

Ceratain lamps do a hot restrike better than others. But anywhere from 5-15 minutes is how long the lamp needs to cool before it will fire again.