Maybe worth mentioning - stock Tunze 9002 fits in RSM 130

slakker

I thought this may be worth mentioning as when I was looking to put a 9002 to replace my stock skimmer, I read that you couldn't fit the collector cup in the 130. I bought both the inTank media rack and collection cup, but thought to try the stock cup and it fits!

The trick is to use the media rack for sure, but to install the stock cup a bit higher so the bottom of the cup just clears the rim of the tank. The trick is to find a way to keep the water level high as well to the level of the skimmer... I use a Tunze Osmolator to keep the level high, but suspect any ATO would work.

slakker

Interesting observation. Thanks for the tip. Watch out though. StevieT might come after you.

LOL... I did buy the skimmer cup just in case... :) The only thing I notices is if you tilt the whole lid (not just the front part), you have to take the skimmer cup out first. So that's a bit of an annoyance if using the stock cup.

w00t

^ This.

I had mine in there for a while too, and took it out because I had to remove the cup every time I lifted my hood up.

rhogeo

I'm thinking of moving to the Tunze 9002. I have the Euroreef model that was hot on the forums a couple of years ago, but it's just not producing like it used to. I think the mesh wheel in the pump has worn down.

ausreef

there was never a problem with the 9002 standard cup,the problem always was (as said above) that the cup has to be removed to open the hood,the stevieT cup solves this

slakker

Maybe I'll put the StevieT cup back on it. I notice the cup designs are different, the stock cup is slightly tapered and thinner walled. It also sits slightly better. Probably won't make a big difference, but curious to see if the stock cup was designed to work better with the skimmer.