maroon clowns

i have two gold stripe maroons they are already paired. i have had them for almost over a year now. the largest one is about six inches and the other one is about an inch and a half. i noticed someone on the breeder section had luck with their clowns laying eggs. i have a flower pot in which the big one usually swimms and claims as territory. Does anyone know why they wouldnt have layed eggs yet. My only guess is the little clow is not sexually mature yet, but i didnt think that mattered becaus to the best off knowledge it is the big one whom lays the eggs. maybe i just need to wait and see what happens. Maybe i just need togive them more time.

DrHank

Your guess is correct. Also, just because one tolerates another doesn't indicate that it is a pair. If the largest one is truly 6", it's the largest Maroon clown I've ever heard of. You may want to re measure. The one that's an inch and a half is an immature juvenile. You may find as he grows that the larger one gets more and more agressive.

I have what was indicated to me as a juvenile pair of Cinnamon clowns. They have grown a bit in the past two months that I've had them and I can tell you that they are no pair. I will be seperating them this weekend and finding them new homes. Just a word to the wise, wartch them carefully. Maroons are the most agressive of the clownfish family and it wouldn't take long for the big one to kill the little one.

they seem to liek each other and ahve been in the tank for awhile together. They are both doing the nesting fan of the sand with their tails. Also exhibiting what is almost a dance when the little one kisses the big one (pretty interesting to watch and deffinetly not a violent action). Yeah the maroon is rather large may have exagerated but he is a good 5 inches. He is in the flower pot right now just hanging out. I think i have surpassed the threat of one killing the other and the big one has claimed the roll of the dominant fish. Guess i just wait. I was told when pairing clowns to make sure you get a big one and a clown that is exceptionally smaller than the other one that has been kept in a tank with other clowns around the same size or bigger. well good luck pairing some clowns.

iamkellogg

Maroons are very aggressive from what I have read. I do not have any first hand knowledge though. I wish you luck.

Kelly