Mark's Red Sea Max 250 Adventure

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
I thought it was 465 calcium that Red Sea recommend?

It is 465.
My 575 is still way high (way less than the 700 or so it was), but everything is doing fine, except one feather duster, pretty sure he's a goner.
The other one is ok, so the missing one may have not been well.

neildradford

PREMIUM
Sorry to hear about your feather duster. I was looking at them in my LFS the other day, they're really cool, not sure if I could have one though. You can send your calcium my way lol.

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
Back home after being gone for 5 days.
My son looked after the place while we were gone.

Tank observations;

The good;
- one of the fluorescent green trumpets looks like its getting a new head
- duncan looking really happy, 4 heads now, started with 2
- plate looks absolutely stunning, just keeps looking better and better
- the blue zoa's i moved down have totally opened, looking super happy (zoa's always seem iffy for me)
- xenia has almost totally moved off the plug onto the back wall as I hoped would happen
- the leather I moved up before I left has totally blossomed with the additional light
- devils hand is growing like a weed, time to move him off the frag rock and into a (hopefully) permanent spot

The indifferent;
- clam has moved about 1", have been told its normal. Only problem, can't get the glass cleaner between him and the glass anymore, will probably have to move him back
- torch and frogspawn getting very very close, may have to move something

The bad;
- May have lost both feather dusters, calcium spike casualties? Either way, won't be trying these again

Caught the royal gramma and coral beauty going at it, alot of circling and mouth gaping, not sure why now.
Had been cleaning the skimmer every 3 days, but 5 days worked out well, pretty much double, so I may just do 5 now.
Calcium just above 500, maybe 510? Will be at my target soon, then i can dial in the dosers.

Pat24601

I thought I read that a torch and frogspawn can do OK being close together. Mine are pretty close together too. So far, it's OK. Let me know if you run into trouble. I'll move some things around myself. :)

Sounds like most things are good. Only losing a couple of feather dusters may not be so bad. Hopefully it means your tank was pretty health to absorb the calcium issue well.

neildradford

PREMIUM
Hey Mark, how's things going with your tank?
Hope things have settled after the calcium issue. Did the feather duster survive?
Hows that fidgety plate?

Take care.