mark on Clownfish head

newsalt

I have two clownfish that have been in my tank for almost 2 months. They have been fine all this time, eating well, swimming, and hosting at night with my heater. Tonight, I noticed a strange mark on the white band located just behind the eyes on one clown. The mark runs not quite the length of the white band (meaning from eye to eye). It almost looks like some of the white is worn away. It looks, for lack of a better description, like the white is transparent.... like you could see the orange body color through it. I hope my description is clear. Any ideas what this might be?

Thanks.

Maxx

Its the mark of the devil...burn the fish and purify your house.

JK...it sounds like a scrape on the fish, they get them from time to time. Should heal up fine.
Nick

newsalt

I did notice that they were "roughing it up" a little more than usual tonight. The one clown always does that twitching motion when the other gets rough. I was told that part of the establishment of dominance..that they were becoming a pair.

wooddood

the wood dude
i agree with maxx but i would keep an eye on him anyway to make sure it does'nt get worse and you have to dip him.

newsalt

Thanks for all the replies. I look at the clown tonight, all is well. The mark is gone.

Thanks again.

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Originally posted by Maxx
Its the mark of the devil...burn the fish and purify your house.
Nick

GASP! Nick, you are giving the old school advice! The current literature recommends exorcism by discussing the pros and cons of DSBs and the nitrification process. This is the only way to rid the aquarium of demons.

Maxx

Originally posted by NaH2O
GASP! Nick, you are giving the old school advice! The current literature recommends exorcism by discussing the pros and cons of DSBs and the nitrification process. This is the only way to rid the aquarium of demons.
I'd rather beat my head against a wall....
:explode:
Nick

Brucey

Maxx .... Nikki .... You two guys, you make me laugh too much. You'll be discussing the pro and cons of fish being forced to watch "The Exorcist" soon. LOL
Brucey