Marineland's Maxi-Jet 1200 "Pro"

ChrisOaty

Ok, so I've finally gotten sick of the noise this thing makes but would like to justify the $25 I spent on it by using it somehow. After much searching, I'm regretting not buying the originally Italian manufactured Cobalt version. I have, however found ONE post of someone who owns a Marineland Maxi-Jet 400 with the same ubiquitous noise issue. The poster claims to have fixed the issue by gluing the magnet to the impeller. I'm willing to risk ruining this impeller if that means I'll get this working close to silently. That is, unless someone has experience doing this without a positive outcome or has another suggestion.

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
ChrisOaty said:
Ok, so I've finally gotten sick of the noise this thing makes but would like to justify the $25 I spent on it by using it somehow. After much searching, I'm regretting not buying the originally Italian manufactured Cobalt version. I have, however found ONE post of someone who owns a Marineland Maxi-Jet 400 with the same ubiquitous noise issue. The poster claims to have fixed the issue by gluing the magnet to the impeller. I'm willing to risk ruining this impeller if that means I'll get this working close to silently. That is, unless someone has experience doing this without a positive outcome or has another suggestion.

I don't think the noise comes from that, I think its the rattle of the whole propeller shaft shifting in the tube of the magnet drivers. But good luck and post your results!

...."Fish" Happens!....

ChrisOaty

Well, I looked at the poor 10 gallon nano I have sitting unused in my room and decided to just try it. If It doesn't work...good excuse to get the Cobalt. Now to wait the 24hrs for it to fully cure.

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
ChrisOaty said:
Well, I looked at the poor 10 gallon nano I have sitting unused in my room and decided to just try it. If It doesn't work...good excuse to get the Cobalt. Now to wait the 24hrs for it to fully cure.

Good luck!
I too am now intrigued by the cobalt... Maybe switch the one I have in tank for the cobalt and relegate the marineland to mix duty only, or water transfer purposes...

...."Fish" Happens!....

cjrudy

Unfortunately I made the same mistake purchasing the Marineland MJ1200 to run a reactor, the vibration and noise was ridiculous, fortunately I found and old MJ1200 laying around made by the original Italian company, I am using that and its whisper quiet.

I was able to find a fix which will help somewhat with the newer cheaper Marineland Maxi Jet pumps. Basicall you take out the impeller and superglue the purple section to the white section right below it. This will help with the impeller rattling and does quiet it down a little. Although its still a cheap crappy pump.

Capture.PNG