Mantis Shrimp Video

redsea reefer

That was very interesting especially the cavitation part and having the fastest strike in the animal world. I would like to have a mantis tank but I heard they can break the tank if they miss their target.

Thanks for sharing Terry!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Eddie - a long video but very interesting. I've heard they can crack a tank but was never sure if that was true or not. I can see where it might be possible.

Dweezil

Terry ~ Are you trying to put David over the edge? hahaha
I sure hope I never get one of these creatures in my tank. Of coarse I guess you would have to buy something for that to happen. hehe

molsen187

those things are awesome i'd love to set up a tank for one. the stories about them smashing through the glass are few and far between i think. i think usually they people don't put enough sand on the bottom and the shrimp just thinks the glass is more rock and he smashes threw it. i think if you have a DSB it wouldn't be a problem.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Thanks for the video link Terry. Fascinating and scary at the same time.

only one complaint here.. the video was 16minutes long.

why couldnt it be longer!!!!!! I soooo enjoyed learning all that, now it's time to go impress someone with this knowledge!

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
Very cool. Not the fastest strike in the world actually - the trap jaw ant is faster, but the mantis is still cool.