Make your Digital Rebel into a 10D???

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Was cruising another board and found a link to this page and figured a couple people might find it interesting. I have not looked at the hack, but I would guess it might be risky, so think hard before you do it ;)

Last edited:

Witfull

ive voided a few warrenties on hacks and mods in my life, but this one im not to sure about.

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Something like that is one of those things I'd like to see someone I knew in RL (real life) do first.

Witfull

if anyone does try this,,,,let us know....if it does work,,i may have to cruise eBay for a rebel cheap...but then gain,,,is all this really needed for we ametuers?

ReefLady

Staff member
Lots of people have done a flash exposure compensation hack on the Rebel that's similar.

Even as a 10D owner, I support this. Time for companies to stop dumbing down models to protect the rest of the line instead of innovating ahead of them. Canon has actually been at the forefront of DSLR innovation, and it shows with its market share. But something ain't right about paying their engineers to take away features that cost them nothing.

Cougra

Originally posted by Travis
But something ain't right about paying their engineers to take away features that cost them nothing.

The engineers aren't getting this extra money, it's the company owner and share holders. All this really tells me is thatthe 10D is way overpriced!

EdgeKrusher

actually the body of the 10D is extremely sturdy, is a good weight, it feels like a good old fashioned SLR. unlike the rebel which is very light, feels flimsy IMO, and defenitly wont take the same beating the 10D can. The materials they used to construct the body for the 10D are much more expensive than the plastic body on the Rebel. Yes i think Digital cameras are way overpriced, and it's insane that a lense for the 10D costs the same as the 10D it's self. I'm kinda thinking about selling my 10D just cuz I know I'll never be able to afford a new lense for the beast. I can't justify spending $1000 on a lense, and especially now when most of my cash goes to those (edited by travis). This world is insane, and becoming more so with each an every day.

big t

EdgeKrusher, I feel that last comment is a bit on the offensive side. I know people who would definately be offended

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Perhaps OPEC would have been better than Arabs, but I can say I sympatize with and share the sentiment. The price of gas has effected the price of everything else, and while my bills have gone WAY up, my influx has not gone up to match.

big t

Well I don't know, I personally was not offended, but in todays PC world... I hear ya on the fuel and bill prices. But we do still have some really cheep gas compared to europe. over $6.50 a gallon over in England when I was there the other week :eek: