Majestic Foxface acting weird

Tomjon

I bought a 5" majestic foxface about a 10 days ago. I put him into a 40g QT tank with 3 firefish I got at the same time. I immediately started cupermine as a precautionary measure at 0.5-0.6 final level. Everyone has been fine and acting/eating normal. 2 days I started reducing the copper by a 20g water change and added my carbon filters back. He ate last night according to my wife. He started not eating this morning and staying in the pipes all day blacked up like they do and he didn't eat tonight. I have been offering green nori, Mysis shrimp, and plankton. I wondering if there is a problem starting or im being over cautious. The fire fish are eating and acting as normal. Should I worry yet.?? Should I go ahead and put him in DT since there are no signs of disease?

Ammonia/Nitrite is 0 and nitrate is 25. Salinity is 1.025. Copper is 0.2-0.3

40gal QT with mechanical filtration.

DaveK

When you quarantine a fish, you want to do this for about 8 weeks. Putting a fish in the display tank after only 2 days is almost like not quarantining at all.

Since a quarantine tank doesn't have much of a bacteria base, you need to make a lot of water changes to keep up with the ammonia and nitrite levels.

You have been making water changes to reduce copper. This is not necessarily bad, but you do rish changing the water parameters. This could cause your fox face to hide. However, there could also be something wrong with the fish. That wouldn't be good, but that's why you quarantine.

Take your time on this. Don't panic. Keep an eye on things. No one likes to loose a fish, but it's a lot better to loose it during the quarantine process, rather than the display tank.