macropharyngodon ornatus (False Leapord)

cmontgomery

Hi all, I was thinking of getting this fish for my 100g, but cannot find any usefull info on it. It is a beautiful fish. Does anyone have one or know anything about them. I would like it to take down my population of flat worms. By the way it is a false leapord wrasse.

cmontgomery

brown, look like little squares almost. Population is getting rediculous, I can hardly see my rock or sand anymore. I want to try and get rid of them naturaly befor I go and use Flatworm Exit.

gqjeff

Well I would look into 6 lines and yellow and green coris wrasses.. Also possible Mandarines... Green coris wrasses can tolorate eachother. If you use 6 lines put them in at the same time because they can be VERY viscous to eachother if one is establised and you introduce new.. Is this on a new system? Also you can syphin them out.. That is a very good way of reducing the population before using natural predators. Another thing to do is lower your tank temp to slow down reproduction..

Peace, Jeff

cmontgomery

Thanks all, This fish seems a little to difficult for my taste. I do not want to purchase it just to see it die. The tank is actualy a couple of years old. They just started appearing a couple of months ago, then boom everywhere. I have thought of syphining but was afraid of what I might pull out besides the worms. Will certainly try a 6 line. Again thanks for your suggestions.

gqjeff

Use a 100 micron sock and syphin into that.. You can also use a turkey bastor to get them in the water column and syphin like that. Then you know you are only getting planaria and water.. Run the filter sock in your sump and you can do it all day..

Peace and happy reefing, Jeff

cmontgomery

wish I had a sump on this tank. But I do like the idea of the turkey baster, can just blast thm off as I am syphining. Great info.

gqjeff

Well if you have anything that can hold some water and an extra pump you can set up something. That why you can syphin for awhile so you do not have to start and stop add the water back to the tank and then start again...

Peace, Jeff