macro that angels and crabs won't eat

Steve L

Unless you're going to have tons of macroalgae in your display tank, I doubt if it will do much to reduce nitrates. People who have a sump or fuge can pack them with chaeto which does help somewhat with nitrates, but it isn't practical doing it in the display tank. You are probably better off figuring out why your trates are high in the first place and deal with that.

vsiege

Unless you're going to have tons of macroalgae in your display tank, I doubt if it will do much to reduce nitrates. People who have a sump or fuge can pack them with chaeto which does help somewhat with nitrates, but it isn't practical doing it in the display tank. You are probably better off figuring out why your trates are high in the first place and deal with that.
It's not out of control, I happen to like the look of macros and they also have an added benefit. Thanks for your response.

DaveK

This is one of these areas where you just have to try different macro algaes and see what the fish do with them. Typically the ones that have big thick parts have the best chances of not being devoured by your fish and clean up crew.