macro or no macro

tmc

the problem is that my sump/fuge is growing bad algae (bubble i think) should i remove the fuge part and go with a straight sump or are there any tricks that i am missing. trates are down to 15ppm and phosphates are .5 by my test kit. think this also might be a source of my recent cyno problem. how about all the water changes and all the substrate cleaning could that spawn a algae outbreak.any info would be great. want to let everyone that helps me with my posts that your are really appreciated and i am very happy to call RS my reef home :)
tmc

Witfull

i think the best thing you could do is pull the fuge and clan it thoroughly to gt rid of the valonia then reset up.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Po4 of .5 is high. Keep cleaning out diterus and vacuuming out the cyno (just don't blow it off the rocks). Cyno is an excellent export of Po4. Use ro/di and incorporate macro algaes into your sump.

Yarr

I'd love to get a p04 level that low... it is a definate goal. and soemthing i am working on. Due to bad advice and me dnot doing my homework first is the reason why i am chasing my tail now.

tmc

i cant remove my sump/fuge easily from under my tank. i guess bigger isn't always better. lol i will be giving it a good cleanning this evening when i get home from work. guess i'll turn on the r/o now so it'll be filled when i get home.lol (see other post for the humor) is it a bad idea to put some macro (calarpa) in the display for my tnag to eat. actually i'm not sure he'd even touch it. but i hate to throw it away.
tmc

Witfull

tmc said:
is it a bad idea to put some macro (calarpa) in the display for my tang to eat. actually i'm not sure he'd even touch it. but i hate to throw it away.
tmc
very bad idea,,once its in,,,its hard to get rid of and will cover everything,,,sump or trash,,,its the only option.