MACNA speaker session. Very disappointed!!

Witfull

speaking as someone that would want to go but isnt. i can say for myself that part of the issue is the cover charge in conjunction with the scheduling, and over all cost of the trip.

the comment was made "he/she would sack the whole conference at the expense of getting their money's worth" and that is the heart of the matter. it is up to the individual to decide if they are getting their moneys worth. take the $150 early registration attendee fee. when you first see the line up you think wow,,,all this for the price. thats worth it. the schedule hadnt been posted. or take the $175 regular fee. you had a full list of speakers but the schedule wasnt listed yet. then the list comes out and you see conflicts in what interests you, that can be disheartening. so you have to pick which you want to go to. now add in hotel, food, entertainment (drinking,,,lol) and airfare/gas/parking, the weekend is getting expensive, now add on the DVD price for the sessions you didnt get to see that at first you thought you would...now each person has to decide "expense of getting their money's worth".

it is each persons right to chose this matter of justified expenses, as well as to voice their opinion of justification.

as for the hard work involved in putting on a MACNA, i respect and applaud everyone who has been involved with each and every one since conception of the convention.

i dont think that it really defensiveness on anyones part, but two opposite opinions having a debate, and during a debate one person is offensive, and then its the other turn to rebutt. if we all agreed things would be boring!..lol

Jenn feel free to come out of lurkdom, differing opinions and debate often open avenues of thinking to both sides.

tkjeffrey

Hey witfull, I agree with what you said...I would love to go but dont have the money :( In your signature you have "send me frags" the first thing I though of is fragmentary grenades...geeesh...dang jarhead mentality :)