lunch meat

theskunk

hermits in your tank? if thats what your talking about i wouldnt worry about feeding them so much as they are there to clean up the leftovers from fish feeding

STAR RIDGE

be very careful of the preservatives that are in the lunch meats. these even in tiny amounts can cause problems with your corals and fish. if your tank does not have enough for them to scavenge, try a small pinch of a quality marine flake such as nutrafin marine.

I feed my shrimp and hermits "crab & lobster bites" by HBH. but they scavenge just about anything that falls to the bottom of the tank.

Charlie97L

no.

think about it this way. would a hermit every have occasion to eat a cow or a pig or a turkey in real life? feeding marine animals marine food is always recommended.

garlic, and a few vegetables are the real exceptions, but those are more in the "vitamin" supplement area, rather than meat.

kyle1284

Charlie97L said:
no.

think about it this way. would a hermit every have occasion to eat a cow or a pig or a turkey in real life? feeding marine animals marine food is always recommended.

garlic, and a few vegetables are the real exceptions, but those are more in the "vitamin" supplement area, rather than meat.
agreed

razz

ive never heard of feeding hermits in a tank..ive had them for years and forgot they were there till this post..in fact i had them during the month with-out fish and there still there ...

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
If you feed your cleanup crew it defeats the purpose of having them there and just adds to the bio-load.

reefjitsu

Lunchmeat will not be the best thing to feed your critters. This does remind me of a time, years ago, when a roomate of mine accidentally dropped about a 1/4 of a ham samwich into a tank we had in the kitchen. It was instantly inhaled by our usually timid stonefish Brak.

Charlie97L

reefjitsu said:
Lunchmeat will not be the best thing to feed your critters. This does remind me of a time, years ago, when a roomate of mine accidentally dropped about a 1/4 of a ham samwich into a tank we had in the kitchen. It was instantly inhaled by our usually timid stonefish Brak.

LOL. HAHAHAHAH! excellent.

razz

listen guys im hungry,if you feel the need to waste that tasty lunchmeat...make me a sandwich and ship it :smirk:

lcstorc

Nothing wrong with asking. That is what forums like this are all about.
Sharing knowledge with each other.