Lumatek digital ballasts

kinghokus420

Has anyone ever used one of these? i've found it at 2 different sites for the same price, but the reviews of it are the same(word for word)?
i need new ballasts, one is seriously crapping out on me right now. these look like a great deal. so with "my people" right around the corner.... i get new lights. i just want to make sure im not looking at jebo/aquatrader quality.

Lumatek 250W/120V Digital Ballast (Saltwater Aquarium Supplies > Lighting > Accessories > Ballasts > Metal Halide > 250 Watt )

Lumatek 250W/120V Digital Ballast (Saltwater Aquarium Supplies > Lighting > Accessories > Ballasts > Metal Halide > 250 Watt )

hmm, i just noticed that both links look the same? but go to 2 different places? is this common or am i just being too leery?

BoomerD

Sounds like they're originally designed for horticulture, but have expanded their market to aquarium use:

Lumatek - Homepage

Other than that little bit, I've never heard of them, so I can't offer any quality info...sorry Josh.

kinghokus420

thanks boomer, i did read a bunch of weed grower reviews that say these ballasts can't be beat. but nothing related to aquaria.
i plan on running XM 15k bulbs too, if it matters.

kinghokus420

ok well, i ordered the lumatek ballasts and decided to go with reeflux 12k's after i saw how crappy the xm15k's par was. i'll post pics when i get a hood built and get it up and running.

BoomerD

A lot of people, especially the folks at CVR seem to like the Phoenix bulbs...no personal experience with them either...just another option if you don't like the Reeflux.

kinghokus420

The brown truck showed up in my driveway today... i love that guy.

DSCN2867.jpg

DSCN2871.jpg

Before....
DSCN2872.jpg

and after.....
DSCN2873.jpg

wow!!!
Lumatek ballasts, Reeflux 12k's (still need burning in) and cheapo spider reflectors.
so far im very happy with them, but i need to get going on the hood

BoomerD

Don't forget to acclimate your corals to that increased light or you'll burn them severely.

kinghokus420

yeah thats big on my mind. thanks boomer. im doing shortened times right now. its way too bright to keep it high and lower it.