luck

kerry

reef_side.jpg

So last Sunday I told everyone I had ordered 150 lbs. live rock. I cancelled my order when lady luck almost took me off my feet! Only five blocks from my house a gentleman was selling 300+ lbs. of live rock along with 2 canister filters, 2 bio filters, sump ect.. Did I mention that it had been sustained for 10 years yet? I was already set up for my live rock coming in, so in a matter of hours (and some cursing), this was the result! It has been 5 days with little to no spikes (since I used most of his water and bio bale), no die off, ....and believe it or not, new growth with my lights that are way brighter than the ones he had. And I thought this was going to be hard lol. Wish my luck with my "to good to be true reef" -kerry

Devilboy

good find....

but there is such a thing as live rock being saturated where it will release nasties back into the water column

lcstorc

Great find! Congrats.
If you are going for a reef, I would ditch the bio-balls. They are going to cause a nitrate problem for you in the long run. Just let the rock be your biological filter and you should be fine. Also be sure to keep those canister filters clean or they will cause problems as well. They trap a lot of detrius so they will need to be cleaned frequently,

Snelly40

nice find buddy, thats sweet

i would, as mentioned above, lose the boi balls and bail . THe live rock will take care of all that