Low Tec Moss Tank

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
here are some pics of our kitchen octagon tank, 18 gal with a sump just can't stand receding water lines. Moss is easy, very low flow, minimal lighting, no nutrients and Cherry shrimp just love it.

Last edited:

Witfull

hey my furry brother, another thing we have in common, i have a Moss Garden too, but its outside, the terrestrial version. guess i gotta snap a pic of it for ya~

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
A rolling stone blah blah, Moss is great stuff and Id like to see your garden Wit! some how the moss make me think of the everglades, its dark and shadow very mellow, now we have to see if we can corrupt Lynn she's got room for another tank??

lcstorc

LOL Where? Maybe when the kids are all off at college I can take over one of the bedrooms as a fish room with the closet for an equipment room. That is still a couple of years away though and if I get another tank now I need a bigger house. :)
It's too hot here to grow moss very well outside even. I have plenty of room outside.

A rolling stone blah blah, Moss is great stuff and Id like to see your garden Wit! some how the moss make me think of the everglades, its dark and shadow very mellow, now we have to see if we can corrupt Lynn she's got room for another tank??

Techno-Vicki

I love moss. It is just cooling down outside to begin growing. It will grow between the stone pavers, on the damp flower beds (now mostly bush beds since I invest my time in tanks not the garden), and along the creek bank. Oh, and I can't forget, on the north side of the trees - can't get lost around here:)

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
nice thing about tank moss is a small clipping in a zip loc bag can be mailed anywhere and they survive

Witfull

my dry land moss garden

moss-2.jpg

moss-1.jpg

lcstorc

I love moss. It is just cooling down outside to begin growing. It will grow between the stone pavers, on the damp flower beds (now mostly bush beds since I invest my time in tanks not the garden), and along the creek bank. Oh, and I can't forget, on the north side of the trees - can't get lost around here:)

I am glad to hear I am not the only one who has neglected the garden due to growing amounts of tank time.
My yard looks awful but I just can't seem to find the time for both. Maybe if I spent less time staring at the tanks but I don't see that happening. :)