Lost Souls

junnie

Will, today when I got home i found my Algae blenny died.And I dont know why. He was eating just fine, but was getting skinny. Any clues. :grr:

jcoopergd

Lack of water?

j/k - sorry bout your loss - what are your tank specs? amonia/nitrates/ph/temp

how long have you had him? how long your tank set up?

j

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Eating good but still loosing weight? Internal parasites maybe? Although lawnmower blennies do require a lot of algae... did you try supplementing his diet with nori?

corvettephreek

junnie, didnt you have the same algae problem as I did? because I just found my goby and my gumdrop both dead. I think whatever is in my water (tap) may have done it... also, algae blennies dont do too well in captivity. my Gobies were extremely skinny as well, even when I spot fed him for 2 weeks straight daily. I think it is some kind of parasite in the water. good luck and I hope everything makes it ok!!!

junnie

I did try supplementing with nori, for the 3 weeks. I started this when I first saw him getting skinny. Also yes I do have the same algae problem Will. This suck when you loss a friend. A buddy of mine have had his for about 1.6 years. He couldn't tell me anything. :verymad: My other fish are doing fine. Thank the gods

corvettephreek

I honestly think something is in the water that is doing it. are you running RO? its weird because all my trates trites and phosphates are in check. i asked my LFS guy and he said he lost a goby and his algae blenny. he thinks it is all the runoff from the mountains. I will keep on this to see what may develop. good luck again!!!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Sorry for your loss Junnie :(

Algea Blennies are difficult to keep because of their diet many don't adjust to prepared foods, the fact that you mention that it was skinny leads me to believe he was starving and it was too late for the Nori to have an effect.