looking for marine art photos for wall

gaubow

Just painted my aquarium room a bright blue and put in some crown molding up top and got 2 navy blue leather chairs. I am now looking for some rather large photographs, almost poster size, if you will of corals and marine creatures. Wonder if anyone knows of a website or anywhere near chicago that I could go to look.

ReefLady

Staff member
Thanks LisaB!

Gaubow, I can do prints up to 16x20, matted or unmatted. LisaB posted the link to my web site, also check out my gallery by clicking "view gallery" below my name, about... let's say,

<---Here. ;)

jimeluiz

Travis and LuckyInk are two great options.

Also you can Google Images for a gazillion images, but you'll have to sift through for large format items for sale.

Also try your local Natural History Museum.

LisaB - maybe we can organize a petition drive to get Travis to produce a calendar in time for the holidays.

LisaB

A petition sounds great. Perhaps I should point out I'm willing to pay more than the regular "going" price for a calendar to get one with Travis's pics. It'd be worth the extra $$ to have a good marine calendar with reef photos. Those I find just don't have pictures of the quality I've grown to expect from Travis or they have too many dolphin pictures. "Look at me! I'm a flipping dolphin!"

A calendar from Lucky Ink wouldn't go amiss either!

ReefLady

Staff member
It won't take much convincing to get me to do a calendar...I would absolutely love to do one. It WILL however take a whole lot of pre-ordering (and Pre-PAYING). I can't imagine a quantity of less than 100 of them, and I don't have the money to front for that kind of printing.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Last year I made up calendars via Ofto and sent them to family members... I used some aquarium photos and some family photos... they came out AWESOME! I bet Travis' would be to die for :drool:

jimeluiz

IMHO I would suggest you have one eye on representation and mass distribution (maybe this effort is the prototype for future opportunities). We all know what type of "Sea" or "Reef" calendars are out there. Travis - yours would be a huge hit among hobbists and beyond. But then I am biased.

But I got a hunch...