Looking for anemones

J

jupiter

Anemones are generally easy to find at the LFS. Even if you can't find them there, there are many online shops that sell them and ship. Is there a specific species you are looking for? Would you like some help deciding which one you should buy?

caribbean_lover

The LFS near me doesn't supply the correct anemones. They only carry condy and curly cue. I would like any type of bubble tip escpecially a RBTA. I also would not mind carpet or sebae. The reason why I put this post here is because you can usually find items such as these easier and cheaper then dealing with LFS or online stores. Thanks!

BoomerD

Ty Dr. Mac & sons. He usually has some VERY nice bubble tips. I saw one this a.m. on his site...green with rose tips...sweet!
Dr. Mac/anemones

Dr. Mac/exotic anemones

aaj.jpg

Last edited:

BoomerD

Well, I've helped in the only way I can. I'm clear across the country from ya, and I don't sell my BTA clones. I might occasionally trade 1 for something, but don't sell em.

Gina

RS STAFF
If you can't find any at your LFS then go with Dr. Mac and Sons. They are in Maryland and I see you are in PA. You could actually drive there and pick some up. Well, that depends on where you are in PA I guess. And anyway they have a wonderful reputation for corals and anenomes.

caribbean_lover

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!!!!

Originally posted by caribbean_lover
The reason why I put this post here is because you can usually find items such as these easier and cheaper then dealing with LFS or online stores. Also, I am not looking for a fish store im looking for an anemone please no more websites thanks
:(

I don't mean to sound mean but it doesn't seem like anyone is reading my posts properly:rolleyes:. I DO NOT want to deal with an online store and I DO NOT want to deal with a LFS. As you can see in my quote above from previous posts I put I clearly state this. I am looking for a fellow reefer to buy from or trade. Please, if you are not willing to sell me an anemone then don't post here unless you are referring somone on here (not an online store or LFS). Thank you!!

J

jupiter

Originally posted by caribbean_lover
not looking for a fish store im looking for an anemone please no more websites thanks

Let me let you in on a little secret. Anemones tend to appreciate in value the longer they stay in someone's house. So the anemone you would buy from the pet store will be worth possibly two times its original value after 6 months to a year. Also, the longer they stay in someone's house, the harder it is to transfer them to a new home (larger anemones don't take to new homes as well as small anemones).

Something else: online stores are better at packing animals and shipping them than the regular hobbyist. They have all the supplies necessary for proper shipping and they know how and when to ship. Trying to buy an anemone from a hobbyist is not in your best interest. People often ship anemones to other hobbyists when the anemone is a rare find or when the other hobbyist is friend. You are asking someone to ship you a common animal that you can get from ANY LFS or online store. I don't understand why you are so dead set against buying online.

Whatever choice you make, keep in mind that hobbyists are NOT a cheaper alternative to finding animals. The hassle to ship to you completely outweighs the price someone would receive from trading that animal in at the LFS or for just trading it to a local (driving distance) friend/club member.

The only real choice (if not using an online store) is to find someone local to trade with; someone who doesn't need to use an airplane to get the animal to you.

I think BoomerD gave you the best option. He is not alone in his choice not to sell clones.