looking for all in one lighting

sailman

i would like some opinions and reviews on some of the all in one lighting that is out there..

what im looking for is something with metal halides, t-5 or the equivalent VHO's, moon lights (white and/or blue)

currently looking at the following:

Outer Orbit HQI/Compact Fluorescent/Lunar Fixture with the following:
48" 560 watt: 2-150 watt HQI; 2-130 watt 6

Outer Orbit Pro Series HQI/T-5/LED Lights
48" 716 watts 2-250 watt 4-54 watt 9 blue & 9 white OR
48" 516 watts 2-150 watt 4-54 watt 9 blue & 9 white

Aqualight Pro HQI/Compact Fluorescent/Lunar Light Fixture
48" 492 watt 2-150 watt HQI 2-96 watt 3 34" Square Pin

if anyone has any of these particular lights id really like your opnion on them and the pros and cons of them

aquaman3680

I would go with the 48" 716 watts 2-250 watt 4-54 watt 9 blue & 9 white OR... I had the 150 watts on my 90 before and really didn't get much growth/color out of them...

JMHO

Matt

lcstorc

Are you wanting hard corals? If so I agree with Matt. That would be super nice. If you were just going LPS and softies, the 150 would be plenty.

sailman

for those with the larger light.. what kind of heat do you have coming off that light? is it enough to warrant having to have a chiller? also with the external ballasts do you find the heat is lower?

saltwaterfarm

sailman... mine really doesn't put off that much heat. It is winter though, and I'm not sure if I will need a chiller in the summer. My temp is stable now...

cioutlaw

I have the Coralife aqua pro & it has worked very good for the last year. No chiller needed but I do have one.

daddio

I have the 48" 560 watt: 2-150 watt HQI; 2-130 watt 6 over my 75. I would hate to see what the 250's would be like over the tank. I have mine about 8 inches above the water surface and have noticed no temp problems. I would have to say that the outer edges of the tank are a little dark (but I kind of like it that way, makes the tank more moody. Make pools of light rather than an overall flat light you get with PCs). I have a crocea and plating montipora about 8 inches below the water surface and they seem pretty happy. No bleaching or color loss.

sailman

thanks for all the help guys/gals.. i think im gonna go with the 716 watt outer orbit but since there are going to be changes in my marital status i have been told that an engagement ring and wedding band must come first.. so does anyone have any suggestions on how to achieve both goals and keep the soon to be mrs. happy because she wants the light as well.. lol :D

ps. april 14th's the date.. **BIG ENVELOPE HERE** insert all donations for the light fund/ring fund here.. :D :thumbup:

cioutlaw

If you can wait I might have my 48" Coralife aqua light pro 2)150w HQI for sale soon. I am getting retro 250 watt Halides & have to build a canopy. Its in perfect shape. Might be a couple months. let me know