Looking for a quiet return pump

DaveK

What sort of noise are you experiencing from the pump?

Often the problem is more a question of how you mount the pump, rather than the pump itself.

reefer gladness

I actually have my entire sump including the Eheim return pump on a padded rubber 'anti-fatigue' matt.

If you have any 1/4 inch vinyl tubing laying around you can make a ghetto anti-vibration pad. Just wedge some in between the pump and the surface it's mounted to and tighten it down a bit. Just don't tighten it all the way because you want the pump riding on a cushion of vinyl tubing. I use this method for the dosing pumps mounted on the side of the cabinet and it helps.

pablomay28

I've got a mag 7 return on a 93g tank and it's horribly loud. Was looking for a quieter pump any suggestions?

I recommend the Eheim Compact 3000 its good up to 792 GPM and has an adjustable flow knob. This pump can be used inside or outside the aquarium and is not as loud as a MAG 7. I swapped from a MAG 7 to the Eheim Compact 3000. I now use the MAG 7 for water changes.

Snid

What about this pump?

[video=youtube;HqOvv-GpRTc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HqOvv-GpRTc[/video]