Local Fish Stores in NC ?

sailman

I'm looking for some new lfs in nc other than pets plus (greenvile) and fish world (raleigh). Something with a variety of SW stuff, I'm not opposed to a road trip. Just looking for something to do on a Sunday afternoon.

matronga

Go to Star Ridge Aquatics in Carthage, near Pinehurst. Joe Granato has been in the pond business for over 15 years. He has been in the saltwater trade now for two years. He is out in the country but he has a wonderful selection of corals and fish. If there is something you need he can get it for you. I found this store a year ago and his prices and selection are a lot lot better than the stores you talked about. Just call before you go. he is open wed-sat. If you go once you will see for yourself.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Those two are ones I frequent a lot (Triangle Tropical fish in Durham and Aquatic Concepts in Durham). As a matter of fact, I'll be going to both in about 30 min.. LOL~

A few more are Down Under and Aquatica in Garner.

brian_e

there is also a new one in clayton Nc right off of hwy 70 think is its on old 70 called reef keepers think that was it i stoped in the other week and he had some nice looking fish in and at pretty good deals ill look for his card tonight and get the phone number and post it later today

sailman

ok just got back, we went to both aquatic and tropical.. aquatic was very friendly and their fish were pretty but no rock we were interested in...

at tropical however we found an awesome rock.. to be honest not sure they charged us right but we are happy! :D its a 17 lbs fiji with about 5-6 red mushrooms, a blue mushroom, purple mushrooms and small colony of brown zoos as well.. its got some beautiful coralene algae colors on it as well.. now we gotta go get it in the tank.. thats the fun part! we were pretty happy to score it at 6.99/lb and all that stuff on it as well!

at aquatic we did get to talk to the guy about a bigger tank.. (only thing about this hobby .. you just want MORE).. 180 gallon bull nose tank.. man it was pretty!!! about 3-4 grand though.. so maybe i need a fish fund started.. lol.. however that was with stand and canopy..

Lakmo99

Charlotte has a real nice store called Fintastic

Fintastics has a lot of stuff but its way overpriced. The help there isn't that great either. There is Fins and Critters in Shelby and CoralDynamics in Harrisburg. Both are great to visit.