Live rock turning bright red!!

OnTheSQ

Hi guys my c130 has been running for 4 weeks I've had no ammonia spike everything measuring at 0.00 got in from work today and found this is it the start of coralline or some thing else???
f6b20deeb1e3a6b82cc7f5f66a0cb9d5_zps0ec964b8.jpg

c813647a33c67f48719f51c3a1f39d29_zpse25259a5.jpg

f5064f20af30cbb2677ec534b25126c0_zps891efc37.jpg

Snid

+1 reefer

With a tank that is only 4 weeks in, you are going to see some Cyano outbreaks from time to time as the tank is maturing and going through cases of the Uglies. Because of this maturing process, you don't want to be too aggressive with everything like a Cyano outbreak just yet or panic. Avoid chemical treatment as he has suggested in the video, even if you don't have corals yet, because the tank needs to have these phases of the Uglies to progress. So your best options this early on are manual removal, routine water changes, and you might want to double check to make sure that you have enough flow in your system and consider some increase or directional adjustments of Power Heads. You do want to stay on top of it and prevent it from taking over, but again, don't be alarmed or panic just because it is there as it is to e expected at this point. ;)

OnTheSQ

I don't think it is red slime I've had a look at a few other post and tried scraping at it it hard not slime could it be coralline ??? Also it's right under the circulator !
5f26c4cf69efe6301d28e4862e9f22d2_zps9be5ff92.jpg

Snid

If it's hard it is very likely Coralline Algae. I have a similar red Coralline Algae in my tank. ;)

Steve L

It looks like a combination of purple and dark red coralline to me. In a few months you'll probably have the green coralline too and it's really tough to clean off of the glass, unlike the purple. In my experience the red slime algae grows in low flow areas and usually starts on the sand bed, not the rocks.