live foods?

leahski

i'm wondering whether shrimp (specifically sexy shrimp) can/do eat live foods? i know they go around scavenging and they eat meaty bits of seafood, but will they/do they actually catch living organisms and eat them? or are they strictly scavengers?

has anyone tried feeding shrimp with live foods?

i'm wondering because i have a trio of sexies and a 2 month old tank and i'm thinking that they might be having a hard time finding protein rich food sources in such an immature tank...i think this because they frequent my zoos which have closed up and my yellow polyp colony which has shrunk from four polyps and a bud to two polyps...and they're the only ones who could/would possibly eat them...
i'd be nice if there was a way to beef up my system with some live foods (pods? brine shrimp? fairy shrimp?...) so that i don't have to worry about overfeeding such a small system (8g).

thanks in advace for your imput!!

leahski

Really, if anyone has any information that could help me out, that would be great. this is a serious problem. my zoas are definatly being eaten and its definitly the shrimp. i really don't want to get rid of them (not that i could really anyways, my LFS doesn't do refunds/exchanges on inverts), but this is a problem because i really want a reef tank. i chose sexies because they are so reef safe.

why are the corals in my tank so appetizing to reef safe shrimp? this is terrible!! first the peppermint, now the sexies. i really don't know what to do.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

leahski

:bump:
anyone?

i have pretty much one day to figure this out and get something in there that my shrimp can eat before i leave for a week for spring break. at the rate they're going, i'm a little afraid that i won't have any zoas left after break. i know i won't have any yellow polyps.

:eek:verhere: someone please help me!!! :help: :help1: :confused: