Little clam help please.....

My clam looks AWESOME.......on the left side:( My tail spot blenny's cave is right next to the right side of the clam. With the fish coming and going alot, it keeps my clam closed up on its right side. I was going to move it to another spot, but it has a death grip where it's at and I was afraid to pull on it hard. Will it be ok here? Will it get used to fish traffic? Or, do you think I need to move it (if I even can)? Other than its right side, it acts and looks perfect. Quick reflexes, beautiful color, I'm just worried.

11-25-2008Tankshots004.jpg

11-25-2008Tankshots005.jpg

prow

i wouldn't move it. if anything move the rocks around some..

Last edited:
Well, I just went in there and moved my clam. I twisted the clam around very slowly. I didn't just ''yank'' him off. I placed it up higher in the tank away from any fish's cave. I did notice that there was a little clear residue where it was attached, but I made sure to ckeck its foot and it's ok. It still has the rubble it had from the lfs on its foot that it had when I got it three weeks ago. Now, I guess I'll just have to wait and see if everything will be all right.

prow

nice glad its seems happy in its new spot. for future and this guy if its not too late, try to get a smaller flat rock and place it on the bottom till the clam attaches to it. then you can move the clam with the attached rock up on the rock work or where ever anytime you want with out having to force the clam to detach from its rock and then having to reattach it.

Thanks guys. Update: Just got in from Thanksgiving and I checked the clam out and this is the best it has looked since the day I bought it!