HELP! Lime green rock

eric w

Hi all. My tank has been going for about a year now..I used brs shelf rock for my tank. It started off white.. But for months now it has turned lime green.. It is in the rock not on the surface.. Doesn't scrub off.. I do have patches of coarline as well but mostly green.. I have been fighting phosphate for a while now.. I'm getting zero on my Hanna ulr.. Is the rock leaching or what?? Any ideas would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frisbee

Can you post a picture of the tank? My guess is that it's just a prelude to the purple Coralline algae that shows up in our tanks on occasion. Threads like this are actually pretty common if you were to do a search. As long as it's not GHA, Cyanobacteria or Dinoflagellates, I wouldn't panic just yet.

eric w

I will get one posted when I get home.. And I have seen many posts on things like this.. But it seems different than the coarline.. It is like the rock was put in a green dye and the whole rock soaked it up.. I'll get a pic soon. Thx

eric w

a6f75d6f3fb08f8c9f869d55079556b3.jpg

eric w

I hope that is what it is.. I'm still getting alage.. Especially my back wall..even though I get zero on the ulr I know I have phos.. Nitrate is 1ppm.. And chateo does grow.. So not sure if rock is leaching or not.. Thx

Squatch XXL

I have a few agrocrete rocks that my urchin will not chew on....probably because they are dense....but they are covered in the same thing. At first I was a bit perplexed, but now I am starting to see formation of green coraline in my overflow boxes....and purples and reds forming on the same rocks. I am just over the year mark as well.