Limbless Mr. Bojangles

Heliux

Mr. Bojangles is my loving Coral Banded Shrimp, i have had him for a while. Recently(1 week ago) i caught my tang picking on poor Mr. Bojangles... My tang ripped one arm off and most of his legs... I put him in me Fuge for a while, He then dropped his other arm/claw on his own so i didnt know if that was a sign of future molting... untill recently i switched him over to my nano tank to keep even closer watch of him. He is still alive but i catch him on his back and side all the time because all he has are his back fins to propel him backwards, and half of one of his many legs... Im so worried that if he doesnt molt soon he will starve and die!:tears:Anything anyone can help me out with, i want him to molt but if he doesnt eat he wont grow... thus making him stuck at a stand still...

My tang pisses me off so much sometimes...:guns::cursin:

Thanks in Advance,
Lix

(These are the best pics i could get without taking him out of water. Didnt want to stress him out by doing that)
p1000339pg2.jpg

p1000340lk6.jpg

p1000341jb5.jpg

p1000342bs3.jpg

BEELZEBOB

bless his lil heart.

i hate that kinda stuff.

but, all and all hes a bug, so with time, food, and care, he should be perfectly fine.

he'll have lil stumps and possibly claw envy for a while, but they will grow back!

Heliux

bless his lil heart.

i hate that kinda stuff.

but, all and all hes a bug, so with time, food, and care, he should be perfectly fine.

he'll have lil stumps and possibly claw envy for a while, but they will grow back!

Will he find a way to eat?

Witfull

a drop of iodine will help induce molting.....but if he has the srtength to go through a molt is another story.

Heliux

:( i hope he has the heart to keep on trying. I put a drop or two in of iodine just hope it helps...

BEELZEBOB

Will he find a way to eat?

well, id assume hes got all those tiny lil shrimpy arm thinggies by his mandibles. say lil pieces of mysis?

when i was a lil kid these punks took a crawdad and ripped off all his arms and legs.

i put him in a lil tank and he bounced back after a couple molts

wonderloss

There is a good chance you can survive, if he can eat. You will probably need to target feed so that he can easily get the food.

Heliux

well, id assume hes got all those tiny lil shrimpy arm thinggies by his mandibles. say lil pieces of mysis?

when i was a lil kid these punks took a crawdad and ripped off all his arms and legs.

i put him in a lil tank and he bounced back after a couple molts
I despise those kinds of people...

But ill add a little bit of frozen mysis shrimp in there and hope for the best...

Thanks for the help:)

Lix

BEELZEBOB

melt a mysis cube in tank water and use a turkey baster to get it righ on top of the lil fella.

and those kids got a serious wedgie and a dead arm

Heliux

melt a mysis cube in tank water and use a turkey baster to get it righ on top of the lil fella.

and those kids got a serious wedgie and a dead arm

K im on it, and thats what i like to hear... Wish someone would rip their arms and legs off and let them see how it feels! lol

BEELZEBOB

eh, those people always get theirs in the end.

now good folks such as yourself takin the time to nurse the lil guy back, now, that calls for a digital frienship! :D

Heliux

Digi Buddies:D Well id talk more but i got to bail:/ have to be at work in 20min... Ill check back later for if anyone has any more ideas to help my little dude...
He has mysis, little iodine, and i even threw in some plankton to see if he wants that as well... ill give updates as it goes.

Thanks everyone in advance,
Lix

Snelly40

good luck buddy, i hope he pulls through for ya!
i would turn off the powerheads while u feed him so the food stays right in front of him

lcstorc

Good luck. Sounds like everybody else was here first.
Be careful with the iodine. It is easy to overdose the tank but it should help him molt.

Heliux

Thanks guys, ill keep you updated. I think he might have grabbed some of the mysis shrimp when i target fed him, and ill be sure to turn down the return pump to lighten up the flow.

Lix

Heliux

Day 2,

He still is hanging in there, tried target feeding him again with mysis shrimp soaked in a little garlic to entice him. He is just hanging in a nook in the rock, and he is still alive because he moves his back fins some times to move a cm or two.

Will keep updated on further trumps.