lighting question

untilthen

i have a coralife pc 2 65 watt lighting

right now i have 2 50/50s in but i would liek to get the glow from the actinic bulbs i have seen... would it b ok to switch out one of the 50/50s and replace it wit an actinic bulb....

that would put me at

1 50/50 65 watt
1 actinic 65 watt?

It would help create the glow factor, but it may cheat your corals out of some of the light they need. That is if you have any corals in there.

untilthen

yeah i do have corals... it seems right now as if i have 2 much light at times

would it b weird to run a 50/50 and a actinic at the same time?

jenglish

I used to have the same setup of PCs on a 29. I ran 1 actinic and 1 10k daylight. By 50/50 do you mean a balance light or that 1 side is white and 1 side is blue? sorry its been awhile since I ran PC and I don't remember the light choices.

chipmunkofdoom2

I have a Current dual CF fixture. They sell dual spectrum bulbs in two types: actinic and daylight. In the actinic bulb, one side of the bulb emits 420 and the other emits 460. The daylight bulb is half 6700 and 10000k light. I haven't had any problems with this setup yet.

Jeremy0322

Depending on the size of the tank I cant imagine its too much money to get a single bulb fixture just to run an actinic bulb, then you wouldn't have to worry about the corals really.