Lighting Question

blondie323

Hi

My friend and I are sitting here reading up on mushrooms. My question to you all is .........what is considered "MODERATE LIGHTING"???

Pro_builder

billyr98 is right, for mushrooms.
But, what size tank do you have? The main thing to consider is how high the tank is, how far off the water the lights will be, will they be going through acrylic or glass?
Here is an article that explains it in depth on what lights to use for what corals, and tank depths.
lighting

HTH

blondie323

I have a 125g glass with 2 48" t5's and 2 actinic blue's. The reason I ask what moderate light is, is that I often see the reference to MODERATE light ...how many watts would that be? I am not looking to change my lighting as my shrooms are doing very well. We just wanted to know what "Moderate" refers to.

Pro_builder

I have 3 250 watt MH and 4 95 watt VHO Acitinics on my 5' 180 gallon tank. that is moderate to high lighting.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Moderate light is very vague and subjective. IMO it depends on the dimensions of the tank the type of lighting used and the wattage. How many total watts are the T'5's ? Mushrooms do very well even even in lower light levels.