Lighting For 150 Tall???

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
That's the attitude!! :D

Congrats on a great light setup.

LED UPDATE!

So I really thought the Echotecs were the way to go....Well in my tank, (150 tall 48X30X28) 2 just wasn't cutting it. So after considerable thought and kicking myself for not going with my original game plan, the Radeon's went back for a return and 4 Aqua Illumintions were happy to come home with me instead.

That will teach me to change my mind at the last minute...I'm happy to report that the SOL's look like they are going to be a hit! I'll upload a Pic as soon as I get something in the tank besides water.:)

Our cheaper hobby grade PAR meters can not accurately record the blue wavelengths that LEDS put off. Any reading you get is mainly taking into account any white LEDs (red and green if you have a radion or similar). Currently the only true idea you will get from a PAR meter is comparisons between LED units. If you are using a professional grade PAR meter you will get a much better reading... LOT more money though. FWIW I have 1 Radion over my 58 Gallon column. (Tall tank). Frogspawn laying on the bottom (on glass where the sand has blown away.) is doing great. (True I am being lazy and havnt reached in to move it back onto the scape.)

merman

I have the same tank as you and i stared off with T5s then started looking at the LED options tried several different brands finally I bought the AI aqua illumination sol blue they are great i have several clams on the sand bed and they are doing great i have three modules 10 inches above the water i will order a 4th that is what you will need you can check out my tank on youtube 150 gallon with aqua illumination sol blue after 4 months - YouTube