Light Acclimating Clams to PAR Bulbs

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
Quick question, as I leave on a two week trip tomorrow.

I have my two Maximas about 3" inches under my 4x65W PC lighting. Obviously, this isn't enough long term, hence the Rapid LED PAR bulb. I have the 60º version of this one:

7 LED PAR38 Bulb

Because I don't have the time to hang it, I have it attached to a tripod at the same height as the clams. I'm just not sure how close to the glass I should put the light. I was thinking 16 to 20 inches to start, and move it closer once I get back?

Thanks, and Happy Holidays! :D

steved13

PREMIUM
I don't think there is an exact answer, and I'm not sure there would be too many people who have done additional lighting through the glass.

I would take into consideration, that going through the side would be going through less water, but I don't know how the glass figures in.

I know this probably isn't any help, but you sound a little frustrated with no replies, and wanted to give some support, even if only moral support.

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
Right now, I'm at 28", as I'd rather be safe and not overdo it. All the same, thanks Steve!

steved13

PREMIUM
If it's been doing OK without the additional light, I would think any additional could only help, so being conservative sounds like the right plan to me.