Lifereef or Geo Calcium Reactor

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by PSU4ME, Jan 13, 2021.

1. PSU4ME

PSU4ME JoePa lives on!!!
    RS STAFF

I’m debating between a lifereef or geo calcium reactor. 618/24 or the LCR 2. Tank water volume a good 200g and I plan for it to be SPS dominate.

Looking to understand your experiences and any pros/cons you’d add. I like the simplicity of them both and am kinda in a no mans land on which way to go.

Thanks!

2. Blue Space

Blue Space Well-Known Member

I'm very interested in this as well. Currently, using 2-part for my smaller system but planning on a 180 DT with a 75 gal sump..

3. DaveK

DaveK Well-Known Member

I've got to start this off by saying I have never used a calcium reactor on my system. Since I mostly have soft corals, it's not really needed. So my first thought is make sure you actually need a calcium reactor, because by the time you get done with the purchase of the reactor, a CO2 tank, and regulator, and optionally a pH controller, you are into some serious money.

I think either reactor that @PSU4ME it looking ar would work just fine. What a calcium reactor does is actually rather simple. That being said, I think I'd go with Lifereef simply because I have purchased other products fromt them and always found them to be of the higest quality and I always got great customer service from them. So prior good experience with the company would swing it for me.