Liam's CADE HL800 TANK

Hello all.

Just bought CADE HL800 Tank

Aqua One Elite 600 Skimmer

Ehiem 3000 Return Pump

Marine Pure, Polyfilter and Wool for Sump.

Will be posting picture once set up and going.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
:yehoo: CHEERS FOR STARTING A TANK THREAD! :yehoo:
I'll be tuning in & watching for pictures :chair::lurk:

Here I have pics of my skimmer, sump, razor maxspect 160w and tank filling.

I'm currently filling the tank with RO/DI water which is a gruelling task as my RO system only makes 200 litres a day. In my filter rack i'll have your garden variety wool, poly filter with marine pure balls and in my refugium I have a good block of marine pure which i'll add my rock and substrate at a later time.

Is the skimmer best placed in the first chamber from your overflow/weir?

BRAND NEW CADE HL800 WITH CLEANED SAND (1-3mm)

MY SUMP TANK

FILLING MY TANK WITH LIGHT DEMONSTRATION

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Love it mate! :) the cades are awesome tanks, you might need to fiddle with the back plumbing to get it quiet as they can be quite noisy if you leave it.
Yep, skimmer in the first chamber and have the inflow for the skimmer underneath the piping as it gives the skimmer the best position to draw tank water in :) I had mine facing the other way and turned it around recently and it pulls so much more gunk having the inflow under the pipe, hopefully that helps answer your question mate :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
On the back plumbing (not sure if it's the same for the HL800) I closed the first valve enough so that water now flows into the second overflow pipe and enough to minimize noise, I also have a piece of airline tubing in the second overflow pipe to reduce the noise further. You just have to play around with the valve until you get the quietest level of water flow, let me know if you want more info or pictures :)

It is bloody loud! I'll have to get that tubing you recommend. My return pipe at the connection to the weir is leaking. I'll have to disconnect and reconnect and see if it was just slightly out of place or something.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Haha yes it is and to think I put up with it for 6 months! Check the rubber seals too and make sure the piping is sitting straight and screwed in tight enough because the same happened to me and it was just because it wasn't tight enough. I'll take some photos of my overflow tonight once I'm home so you have some idea of what I've done.

Hey all! Transferred my 80L Tank successfully into my new tank. No livestock loss after 3 days so it's looking good. Still dealing with minor leaks and noise problems. I would still recommend this tank to anyone. It's beautifull. My weir is on the back rather than the corner. I want to replum the whole thing myself/or fix it myself to remove leaks and noise. Any recommendations of how to do so with this tank? I'll post pics tomorrow!

Chromis called 'Graham' by the house.

Aquascape and tank. Have additional pump for now until I get my MP-40 In.

Majano Anemones? I'd say looks like it too me. Weird shape and form though.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Tank looks good mate :) Love the sleeper goby :)
Those look like little zoa's and the larger look more like paly's than they do majano's. I would be willing to put my money on paly's :)

Are paly's fine? The smaller ones are fluorescent under moonlight. I really like the look of them so if they're safe for corals and all then that's great! The sleeper goby is one of my favourites. But can be a rare site. Has a nice home under the rocks. Wrangy do you know where I can find out the plumbing tube sizes if I wanted to replumb my system. I really want a quieter system. Everything in chinese was a bit annoying haha.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Yep paly's are fine! They palythoa and they are in the same family as zoanthids so they're more than safe to keep in a reef but they can grow quickly!!
The only thing to be wary of is the palytoxin within them. When cutting and fragging them you need to be careful as it's quite dangerous but they can't release it at will, their skin needs to be broken for them to be able to release it :)

I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly where and what and how but I know someone who does, here's a link through to where you can contact him from/see what he's done. Mod's the link is to an outside forum so please remove it if it's not acceptable, I would hate to upset this wonderful place!!! :)
http://thereefuge.com/threads/new-tank-arrival-planning.8314/page-2