LFS today...

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
just went to the LFS and got all my water tested my clac is @ 380 lil low and my alk is aat 13.3 a bit too high i need to swap the two and adjust my dosage.....my nitrAtes were at 15! man it must be that cyclopeeze i started on...i think ive been i lil heavy, i need to get used to it ..gonna do a water change and cut back on the feeding
phos 0
nitItes 0
ph 8.1 (lights arnt on yet)
sal 1.024
amn 0

picked up 4 pepperment shrimp,3mexican turbos and 10 reg turbos my algae has been ok but lets see how much they help got htose bad boys drip acclimating now ..ill let you know how those shrimp do on my aiptasia..hope theyre hungry:thumbup:

Witfull

your calcium is fine, i dont see any Ca demanding life in your tank. the alk will fall on its own....dont stress it.

blue_eyes53813

Sounds like you have a plan to take care of the nitrate problems,,, water change and cut down on feedings. Sounds like you are on the right track..

mps9506

Witfull said:
your calcium is fine, i dont see any Ca demanding life in your tank. the alk will fall on its own....dont stress it.
Ditto.
just take care of the nitrates and your good :)

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
iluvzigz said:
picked up 4 pepperment shrimp..ill let you know how those shrimp do on my aiptasia..hope theyre hungry:thumbup:

Good luck with the peppermint shrimp... the one's I bought didn't even look at my aiptasia. I ended up nuking them with Joe's Juice.

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
thanks everyone...yea ive been kind of inconsistant with my dosagethis week ... i dont have reactors ~im using b-ionic ..last time i tested alk was at 11.2 now 13.3 but cal was at 420 now 380 so one compinsated for the other, i take it.

JFK-i did the joes juice..it worked but i have a couple of lil ones(aiptasia) that are tricky to get to.. trying to keep my hands out of the water as much as i can.. from the other thread (hands in tank) plus i figured they'd be a good addition

im going to do the water change in a bit ....how long should i wait b-4 i can do a test on the nirAtes again..?

Stalwart

I think the problem with the aiptasia is that the fish and inverets that we are putting in the tank to eat it have way to much other stuff to eat, other than the aiptasia. And that is also the reason we have the aiptasia.

Sound logical?

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
stalwrt-yes that does sound logical.....but i figured that id try em

I was just doing a water change :bouncebox MY CANOPY FELL BREAKING MY BULB INTO THE FISHTANK! i freeked out im still all shaky, my nerves are on end...i think every thing is ok i got all of the pieces of bulb out it was just a 3 inch section that fell in ..the whole bulb didnt shatter...it was my 10k bulb so i only have my actinic running..uhh i need to go lay in a jacuzzi...

everything should be ok that cant hurt it can it?

i will try to get a new bulb tomorrow

Gina

RS STAFF
iluvzigz said:
I was just doing a water change :bouncebox MY CANOPY FELL BREAKING MY BULB INTO THE FISHTANK! i freeked out im still all shaky, my nerves are on end...i think every thing is ok i got all of the pieces of bulb out it was just a 3 inch section that fell in ..the whole bulb didnt shatter...it was my 10k bulb so i only have my actinic running..uhh i need to go lay in a jacuzzi...everything should be ok that cant hurt it can it?
i will try to get a new bulb tomorrow

Also make your self a good stiff drink!
Just don't get too drunk and drown!

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
just did that went to the local pub for a drink and a bite to eat to calm myself ..that bulb doesnt have anything in it that can hurt the tank long term ..does it?..i wont drown..haha i dont even have a jaccuzzi to go to..Frown

ive been thinking of replacing my all 10k bulb to a half 10k/ half actinic to get a bit more blue looks like ive got my chance

Witfull

i would load up on carbon. i have had a few halides burst into the tank. a few friends had it happen also. between carbon and skimmer you should be fine.

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
i dont have either.......!!!!! i dont have a skimmer and ive never put carbon in nor would i know how ..i know that sound dumb but ive just never used it...luckly it was just a couple of very small pieces