LFS issue

TDEVIL

hello ;)

went to the LFS today, they just got some new acros, very cool
i got one of them, hehe, its on hold till Tues/Wed

as for the post, i was checking out the corals, like we all do :) and noticed this thing peaking out, and what to my suprise, it was a OS peacock, about 3.5" long, i told the manager dude, and asked him how much for the M shrimp, he said i dont have any ;), so i said, take a look, it looks like a male OS, just a bit of color, but mostly brown, still cool, it jetted of very quickly (after a fish), that was the coolest thing, besides the coral i bought ;)
he couldnt do anything to the tank, just yet, the corals just arrived last night, but i wanted to let him know, for safety reasons, he is the only person i deal with at the store, i would hate to see him w/o a finger, ;)

td

PS, Dave (wooddood) its Pic Perfect :up:

wooddood

the wood dude
cool td,is it dan or todd or one of the employees?did you buy the mantis?i'll have to check it out.i talked to mike the other day at AIM and he said he could get sps so im gonna see what he can get. im getting halides next week whoo hoo.post some pics.

stellamn

Someone should definitely snatch the mantis up. They make great pets...(of course, not the cuddley kind)....

Jodi

wooddood

the wood dude
hey jay saw the coral you bought today at the lfs it's sweet bud.im supposed to get my halides from troy [pro_builder next week so i'll be back in there next week to get one too.good luck with yours.

TDEVIL

Originally posted by wooddood
hey jay saw the coral you bought today at the lfs it's sweet bud.im supposed to get my halides from troy [pro_builder next week so i'll be back in there next week to get one too.good luck with yours.

thanks Dave, i wanted all of them, but the wife said NO
bout time on the light upgrade, my friend ;)
it is driveing me nuts waiting on the acro, but its better this way, i usuakky dont get things from them, most of their prices are a bit high, IMO, Mike is always cheaper, but he doesnt have the lighting for SPSs, and i always deal with Dan ;) when i go there

guys, i would love to get him/her, but i dont have the tank yet or the supplies for the tank, i still have a bit of talking to do with the wife on that aspect, but it is in the works ;), she said that i had to wait until April :(, i want one now, thou

i guess i could get a tank out of the closet and set it up, hummm, guess i have some more talking to do

TD

wooddood

the wood dude
hey jay got my lights today so now i have to build a canopy to house them.i must say troy [pro_builder] did an excellent job on shipping them.they all arrived just fine and better quality then i expected so you guy's should check him out. i think he shipped them out thurs or friday and i got them today i thought that was super fast.anyway not to steal your thread or anything like that so sorry.so you want a mantis,i've never seen one in person but i know there cool so good luck convincing the wife.just tell her well dave's wife let him have one lol. she'll never know ha ha.

TDEVIL

lol, Dave, those lights sure got here quick, what did you get?

well she said i have to wait, started cleaning a 10g today, just incase ;), its a glas tank, but it would do for now

thanks for the offer Curt, i really want a female, but a male will do, ofcourse im not sure it actually was a male/female, i only got to see it for a second, something just said it was a male, im sure the other costumers were thinking i was weird for jumping all around, saying, a mantis, a mantis, lol

td

Cougra

Originally posted by TDEVIL
... im sure the other costumers were thinking i was weird for jumping all around, saying, a mantis, a mantis, lol

td
Only the unenlightened customers would think it's weird! :D

TDEVIL

Originally posted by edonatto
there is a very good article on mantis at reefkeeping.com you should read it

i already did, but thanks for bringing it up ;)

Cougra, very true, most of the people are dog and bird people ;), not that i really care what they think, i just thought it was funny, lol

Dave, that sounds cool, i want to see some pics when canopy is done ;)

td