• I consider myself an intermediate reefkeeper

Votes: 71 47.0%
  • I consider myself a beginner at reefkeeping

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Advanced Newbie

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

tankgirl

Do you consider yourself an advanced reefkeeper? Intermediate? or a Beginner?
I'm also posting a poll about how long people have been active at online reefkeeping forums and want to compare the two polls.

mnreefman

i have had my reef for 2 years, and i think in certain areas i have vast knowledge... but im not like mojo or some others where they know basically everything. so i think i am intermediate.... but i really dont know however my tank has crashed so maybe in knwledge im intermediate but if performing im a beginer.... what i know and what i practice are not the same as i can see because of my last tank crash, are 2 totally different things... i knew i need upgrades and a more frequent wc schedual... but yet i failed to do em as i was preachin em... but im gunna say it louder now.... DO FREQUENT WATERCHANGES!!!!!!!!!!
k bye bye

Last edited:

blue_eyes53813

Boy this is a tough one. I dont think I am a beginner . Probably cloe to intermediate. I am still learning. Learn something new everyday. Been doing SW for 2 years and have learned tons.

Mebigloser

I consider myself a beginner, still trying to figure out how to get the salt from the salt shaker on the table into the tank with out clogging the dag thing..........:smirk:

zy112

as my reef turned 3 yrs old the other day, i would consider myself an intermediate. i have a lot of knowledge about reefing but there is so much stuff i still dont know.

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Beginner!!! Still haven't finished my Reefkeeping 101 course yet :)

Dracunculus

Intermediate in knowledge, although may still be at the beginner stage in practice. Will certainly be better when I set up my next tank, instead of my current secondhand tank.

Willmsbrg

Definetely still on the beginner side to things..

but learning.. both what to do and more importantly what not to do..~ :D

Intermediate-but i still have a long ways to go. I know far more than i did a 1.5 years ago, but still not as much as i need to know. I have figured out what things not to do, now all i need is to learn what right things are to do.

Cool My 100 th post:)

BoomerD

Just a beginner. Been in the hobby in one way or another for 30+ years, but still learning. Kept 1 small (20) gallon anemonarium 15+ years ago, (everything alive and thriving when I sold it after 3+ yrs.) and that would be my only attempt at reef keeping before now. Still really don't consider my tanks "REEFS" because I'm not trying to keep any LPS or SPS, just shrooms and other assorted softies, but it still looks kinda like a reef...:p

Alf

We are always learning But i have been keeping aquariums of some form over 25+ years my self, you decide.;)