Let's hear from folks who have experience with Sally Lightfoots...

GeoSciGuy

I've read conflicting versions of whether the Sallys are reef-safe at various websites, books, web-boards (including this forum) - even fish stores seem to disagree. Since research is not clearing the issue up, I want to know what your experiences with the crabs are. No speculation, no "I've read this...", but first-hand experiences only please.

Have you had problems with your Sally Lightfoots? With aggressiveness towards inverts? Fish? Coral?

Thanks in advance! I look forward to reading your stories.

thearnley

I've had my sally for over 2 years - have never had any problem. Have housed it with a nem, SPS, LPS, softies and several reef fish, all with no problems. Always seems to be busy picking at something but has never harmed anything at all.

Willie McDaries

no problems with mine whatsoever,it's actually the talk of my tank,everybody likes my big spider :lol:

I changed it's name to Gordon though,Sally's too girly :D

GeoSciGuy

Thanks for the feedback, so far. I'm a bit surprised that there hasn't been even a single negative reply. I feel better about introducing one or two to my tank. Its one thing to read conflicting reports from sources that may or may not be reliable, and another thing to hear what experienced folks have actually witnessed.

If anyone else has stories to share, please continue to do so! Crabs are so interesting (I love my emerald)

no problems with mine whatsoever,it's actually the talk of my tank,everybody likes my big spider :lol:

I changed it's name to Gordon though,Sally's too girly :D

Gordon! Too funny

bbe22

I love my Emerald too, but apparently I got a male, he has grown quite a bit. I'd say he's a little over an inch now, and has never messed with anything.

On a side note, Thearnly, is your avatar a picture of Rosie Odonnel?

Johnly

It comes down to sally's feeding! A hungry sally will nip at coral! A fed sally won't....enjoy : )
PS: emerald crabs too...

GeoSciGuy

So far, so good! Thanks again, folks!

IMG_4471.JPG